In Toastmasters Pathways, each path includes 14 projects:
10 required projects and 4 electives = 15 speeches (with few exceptions)
Level 1 is 100% exactly the same in all 10 paths. 3 projects and 4 speeches
- 8101 Ice Breaker
- 8100 Evaluation and Feedback
- 8102 Researching and Presenting
Level 2 is the first place paths diverge a bit.
Level 2 has 3 projects with 3 speeches.
- All 10 paths include the project “8204-Introduction to Toastmasters Mentoring”.
- All 10 paths include at least one of the “Understanding your style projects”
(3 paths have both “Understanding your… style” projects
- 8 of 10 paths include “8207 Understanding Your Leadership Style”
- 5 of 10 paths include “8206 Understanding Your Communication Style”
For 3 paths a project called “8200L3 Active Listening” is required and involves serving as Table TopicsMaster. It is an elective in Level3 of all other paths.
Similarly, in 2 more paths the third project is a Level 3 elective other paths:
- 8203L3 Effective Body Language (path:
- 8201L3 Connect with Your Audience
In the remaining 2 paths, there is a unique required 3rd project that is not available anywhere else in Pathways, required or elective. If you want to do either of these level 2 projects you must select these paths:
- 8202 Cross Cultural Understanding (in Strategic Relationships path)
- 8205 Managing Time (Leadership Development path
A future article will look at Levels 3/4/5: 4 required and 4 elective projects.